Commercial and residential solar installation training. The solar installation training classes cover photovoltaic solar system engineering and installation. The goal of these courses is to provide quality solar installation knowledge and practice for safe, compliant photovoltaic solar systems.
All of the following institutions provide solar installation training. After completion of the courses, students have the option to take a certification test to become certified in photovoltaic installations.
California Solar Installation Courses
- MiraCosta College
- San Jose Community College
- Green Cactus
- Cabrillo College
- CCAC Internation Polytechnic Institute
- Applied Professional Training, Inc.
- Sun Pirate, Inc.
- Boots on the Roof (Unitek Education)
- The Solar Living Institute
- Los Angeles
- East Los Angeles Skills Center
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- New Technology Training Center
- Allied Business Schools
- Golden West College
Arizona Solar Installation Courses
Maryland Solar Installation Courses
Solar installation courses are a combination of classroom instruction, practice exercises and engineering case studies. Solar installation experience only comes through practice, so every course makes sure to include hands-on installation exercises. Students learn the process of engineering, installing, and commissioning solar systems. Emphasis is placed on building code compliance. ds
Students also learn through case studies. They are explored to determine the best ways to install photovoltaic solar systems for asthetic appeal and to take advantage of rebates. Remember, state and local compliance is also required, so we recommend taking a course in a state with similar compliance as your home state.
- Ladder safety & tethering
- Ohms Law & wire resistance
- Field engineering after the sale
- Solar panel mounting and electrical wiring
- Building code and structural compliance
- Inspecting and troubleshooting installations